Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day at the Beach

Today I went to the Labadi Beach...to relax and found that I was quite a popular person w/the locals. Maybe it wasn't so much me but my 'cedis' were quite popular. (my money). I didn't have a moment to put on sunscreen and within 30 minutes had a full on sunburn. I decided to stay a few more hours--and 'shopped' under the shade of an umbrella and drank fresh pineapple juice. I bought lots of goodies for a fundraiser aution we are having later to help bring the orphans to the US for a Dec stay...
Tomorrow going to church with Sam, then some shopping and some work to prepare for my meeting with the Social Welfare Dept on Monday morning before I head home...
It's been a productive week---I wish I was able to post pics for you so you can see what I see.

Carla

2 comments:

  1. Been there and completely understand what you mean by "popular".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I just found your blog. Wow! I can't wait to hear all about your trip in person! What an amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete