Monday, April 13, 2009

Tomorrow's the day...

Okay, so tomorrow is the big day! I've had all my shots and should have a solid immune system for my arrival to Ghana Wednesday evening. I will be leaving Des Moines at 7:00 pm Tuesday, heading to Minneapolis to Amsterdam and f-i-n-a-l-l-y arriving in Ghana at 6:00 pm Wednesday. I'm excited for what lies ahead but exremely anxious about leaving my kids (can you believe I have never spent the night w/out them---yet--okay I take that back--Mac has had two sleepovers--one at the neighbors and the other also close to home ---but I haven't spent more then a few hours away from Delaney) and off I go to West Africa like I'm just heading out for a typical evening meeting...

The stress/anxiety of how badly I will miss my girls hit me hard yesterday and is still overhead like a huge thundering storm cloud---Dennis says I'll be so busy during the day and so tired at night I won't have to much time to dwell on it. I hope he's right. I know the girls will be in good hands with Dennis-I just know I will miss my family like crazy--but what I story I will have to share when I get back!


I want to thank everyone for the clothing donations and of course your support and prayer--not only for me, but for those I encounter along the way. I can't wait to deliver the suitcase full of clothes to those who have none, bags of suckers to the children in the village(s) as well as toys and cash/food donations to those who will truly appreciate it! This should be good for my soul....=)

Off to pack...
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment